A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Monday, January 18, 2010

What have I done??

I've been feeling a little guilty lately as I haven't sewn any quilt squares for charities. So I decided to sign up to do one for Love Quilts UK. I picked out a pic that's gonna end up being a 5x7 on 18ct. aida & to top it off the deadline is March 1st. Does anyone know how long it would take snail mail to go from Kentucky to the UK? Anyway, I figure the quicker I can get it stitched up the better so I'm gonna try to post a daily update to motivate myself to finish it on time.

 DAY 1

4 comments:

Nic said...

Postage to the UK from the US generally takes 7-14 days if it's sent airmail, although I have had stuff arrive in 4 days - so you have a month or so to work on your block - good luck!

Nic (in the UK)

Annie said...

It's fun to stitch for LQ because once the stitching is complete, you're done! Not pesky finishing.

From DC, it takes about 7 days usually to get to the UK, so I would allow 2 weeks to be safe.

Karan said...

Good start..... will enjoy finding out what it's going to be. :0)

Pumpkin said...

Good for you Tammy! What is it though? :o)