A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Monday, October 17, 2011

IHSW Update

Hi gang and a great big welcome to all my new followers. Hope you all had a great IHSW. Looking forward to visiting all of your blogs to check out the progress on your wip's. Unfortunately, due to a rheumatoid flare-up in my stitching hand, I didn't get my Fall project finished but I did manage to get a bit more of him done. Hopefully will have him finished and displayed in a couple of days. So feel free to check back then.
I've also been busy with these. Anyone know what they are? If you guessed turnip and mustard greens, you are correct. I couldn't help but have a giggle while I was looking and washing these, adding the country ham to a big pot for supper, thinking how truly southern I am. We can turn anything pretty much into a meal. Fixing a pot of pinto beans and some baked chicken too. Hungry? It does sound like a Cracker Barrel menu, eh? :)

10 comments:

Sara said...

Your Autumn bear is really cute :), so sorry about the flare-up, hope you're feeling better now :)

♥ Nia said...

So cute!! :)

Valentina said...

Hi! Thank you for stopping by at my blog!

Diane (di) said...

Wow Tammy, now I really AM hungry. lol What a cutie Autumn bear is and I hope you're feeling better, too.

kate n said...

He is adorable, I look forward to seeing him finished :)

cucki said...

hello dear, thank you so much for following my blog and for the lovely comment..
i really love your sweet blog and cute stitching :)
keep well dear..lots of love for you xx

Claire said...

Your bear looks great.Sophie hasn't been tested for dyslexia as she is onlys in year one at the moment.So I will see how things go in the next year.
Thanks for looking at my work.x

Joysze said...

Love your Autumn Bear, Tammy. Hope your hand feels better soon.

Supper sounds delish! :D

Anonymous said...

The bear is very cute. I hope you are feeling better. I'm so glad I ran across your blog (following the IHSW links). I have been hurting since around June. At first they thought it was a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve. Yesterday the doctor tested me for RA (my sister has it) and Lupus - he says other things as well - but those are the two he thinks it might be. Anyway I've been quite sad thinking I might never be able to stitch again. I'm so glad that to see it is possible between flares. I should know something Monday. Sherry

Anonymous said...

The Autumn bear is adorable, weldone. We planted some pumpkins and turnips this year, hubby is looking forward to pumpkin soup :)