A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ornament #1 for 2009

I got tired of sewing my bigger projects so I decided to sew up a little ormament. This is one of the Dimensions Christmas Sayings Ornaments with a flare of Tammy. I used a different hanger & decided to use some beads & silver metallic thread on the snowflake. I like the way these type of ornaments look on the tree but I absolutely hate finishing these little buggers.


No backstitch.


Finished ornament.

18 comments:

Ranae said...

The backstitch makes it look fabulous and the finishing is superb.
Cute!!!

Zeb said...

You may hate finishing them, but you do a superb job :)
And I love how the back stitching makes this pop!

Dawn T. said...

Wow....it looks fantastic!! Great job:)

Natalija said...

Tammy, it looks sooo great!!!! You have done a fantastic job & I absolutely love the colours :)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Cute finish, congrats. CJ ok;-)

Tammy said...

That ornie is adorable! You did a fantastic job finishing!

Sharon said...

beautiful ornament!

Kim said...

Isn't it amazing just how much backstitching makes the design come to life. Love the ornament and excellent job on both the stitching and finishing.

Mich said...

This one looks really great, I bet you soon want it to be X-mas now ;-))

What a difference some backstitches can make, isn't it?

Mylene said...

That looks great! Congrats!!

Carla said...

Lovely!!!Well done!

Chiloe said...

I love this cute ornament ;-) really beautiful !!!

Pumpkin said...

Awesome! Super finish Tammy :o)

Kit said...

What a great ornament, it looks so good.

Barb said...

Ohhhh..... is that so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, thanks for popping in to my blog and leaving me a lovely comment :) I have just had a look through your's you've got some beautiful wip's on the go and some great finishes...I'll be sure to pop back often :)

Zeb said...

Came back to re-read, sad to see that certain posts had to be deleted :(

My thoughts are with you Tammy.

tkdquintmom said...

You're 'little bit of Tammy' makes is look great!