A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Deal

Whew, it's been a while since I've posted a pic of any cross stitch projects but I haven't completely given up stitching. I've been doing a little - "little" is the key word. I did manage to buy this Joan Elliott magazine though. Got a great deal too. Unfortunately, my good deal came at a high price. It was 40% off because Borders is closing and have to liquidate their merchandise. For those of you who may not know what Borders is, it's a bookstore and one of my most favorite hangout spots. While looking thru this marvelous book with 44 charts I ran across one that is not in the book that I LOVE. This one below.
Have you seen it? I don't know what attracts me to it but it's simply gorgeous. Too bad it didn't come in the book. Last but not least, I leave you with another pic of Zoe. She loves using her toys as pillows. This is her stuff donkey which she drug to the loveseat in our bedroom and perched her little head on.
She's my little sweetie pie. Hope you're all staying cool and having a great summer. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the net. Until next time, keep on stitching :-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
That fairy book looks so pretty!!!! That sad the store is closing!!! Your dog looks comfortable sleeping with toy donkey!!!

mdgtjulie said...

Cute pic Tammy. Don't all dogs sleep on their toys?!? Love your mag, but I haven't seen your chart. Maybe you could write to the designer and ask for more info? It may be a preview of coming events.

Pumpkin said...

I loved going to Borders when we went to the States :o( Too bad but you did get a great deal!

Zoe is so sweet :o)

Hippywitch said...

I've got the Joan Elliott book too, great charts :-) Sorry to hear you lost your hang out place!

SoCal Debbie said...

Congrats on finding the Joan Elliott collection. Too bad the chart you love wasn't included in there too!

Sew Wilde said...

The chart you are looking for is from Cross Stitch Collection magazine. You can order the chart from the Joan Elliott website-
http://joanelliott.wordpress.com.
Hope that helps.

Julie

Joysze said...

Great buy on the JE book. Earth Goddess sure is pretty. :D

Awwwwww, Zoe is so adorable!!! LOL!!!

Vicky said...

I got my copy yesterday in the mail :)