A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Friday, December 28, 2007

Cake & Cookie Ornaments




Who would have thought that old newspapers could have turned into such an adorable ornament for a Christmas tree?? I got this idea from the Martha Stewart show & I loved how they turned out. Take a few pages of newspaper, shred them & put them in the blender with it about 1/3 filled with warm water. It'll make about 1 cup of mushy mixture. Drain the water & add 5 tsp. of Elmer's glue & 2 tsp. of salt. Mix together & press into any mold you want to use. Allow to dry by putting it in the oven @ 200 degrees for a couple of hours. Paint and decorate with spackle, throw on a berry & viola, you have an adorable ornament. The final step is adding polyurethane. I brushed some vanilla pecan oil on after it was finished. Everyone loved them. Even had a few that thought they looked good enough to eat :-)

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Those are so cool!!!!!!

Excellent job!

Kimmie said...

Those are so cool!!!!!!

Excellent job!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those are too cool.