A Bushel and a Peck of Thanks

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Jury Duty

Yeah, I not only voted yesterday but I did my civic duty & went in for jury duty. Serving as a juror in Hickville, USA is funnier than the funniest sitcom on tv. 12 jurors were picked to serve on a jury of a guy that was accused of a D.U.I. So the defense lawyer asked the 12 jurors is there anyone of you that has been affected by a drunken driver. One poor guy raised his hand. The lawyer proceeds to ask him "so you have a family member that has been affected?" Juror says "Ummm, yeah, my ex-wife was hit head on by a drunk driver around 18 years ago. Hurt her real bad, pretty near killed her." Lawyer says "I guess that really tore you up, huh?" Juror says "well, it hurt me a little." Now everyone else is sitting there like a deer caught in headlights but I found his answer so hilarious - hurt me a little?? a little??? LOL I'm still laughing about it. Must have been bad marriage breakup :-) They paid me $12.50 to do my civic duty, shoot I would have paid them $12.50 to watch that trial again.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am going through a prolonged jury selection as we speak. I do not know if I would have been able to hold in my laughter if someone said that around me.